31 October 2014

Halloween Smoothie Bowl

Serves:1
Time: 5 minutes
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I woke up this morning with the sun shining through my window and it instantly put me in a great mood; having to doing uni work with a fresh breeze from outside, sun shining on your back and the sound of seagulls in the background certainly isn't the worse thing ever! I was thinking this morning about how to make a Halloween themed smoothie and what would give it a nice orange colour & I came up with this; which I will definitely be making again - it was so delicious! I used frozen bananas for added creaminess but you can always add ice instead.







You'll need:


  • Knife
  • Chopping board
  • Blender
  • Bowl & Spoon(to serve)


Ingredients:


  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 2 satsumas/1 orange
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled & ends cut off
  • 1 slice un-waxed lemon, skin on
  • 1-2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 dates



Method:


  1. Blend the bananas, satsumas, carrot & lemon together, with as much water as required (you can always add more & blend again) and pour into a large bowl.
  2. Decorate with the chia seeds & dates to make a pumkin face (as scary as you want) and enjoy! Cassidy xx